Friday, June 4, 2010

First ATC Swap

I am a little late. This is my first ATC swap and hoping that it is okay.
We were suppose to use as much of Tim Holtz' products as possible. I used Tim Holtz' I See Paris Cling Mount Stamp Set. I first distressed the top layer paper in Old Paper and then inked up the Eiffel Tower in Walnut Stain. I then stained the second later in Chipped Sapphire. I was very happy and surprised the other day when I tried out Chipped Sapphire for the first time. The outside of the packaging looks more like light purple than blue or sapphire but this is the pretty color that I got when I inked up my paper. I then wanted to add something new so I used Vintage Photo Crackle Paint.
For the main part of the card I stained Antique Linen on the paper and inked the stamp in Walnut Stain. I then wanted to paint a little on the card because that is my new favorite thing to do. So I mixed Adirondack Pearl Metallic Dabber and Antique Linen re-inker drops and painted over the image. It looks like a glaze over the image. Then for a little more I added a touch of Tattered Rose Distressed Stickles.
I saw this a week or two ago and thought that it was perfect for someone like me who has a difficult drawing without some help. So I took one of my punchers, put a grunge board in it and traced around the bird with a pen and then cut it out. The first bird was stained with Forest Moss. The sparkly eye was added with Waterfall Stickle. I did this a second time and stained once with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and a second time with Distress Stickles.

No comments: