Monday, May 31, 2010

3 Dimensional Flowers

Did you ever start a project with one thing in mind but by the time you finished it, it was something completely different? Well, this was my flower project. I was planning on making this into a card. I was wondering how exactly it could be mailed with the flowers being 3 dimensional, but figured I would think of it as I progressed. I started out with the flower on the top. I used some colors that I haven't used until recently, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey and also another color that I don't use very often, Fired Brick. I then used one of my Mini Misters that I have been using here and there the past month. I then painted the tip of the top flower with Spiced Marmalade Cracked Paint.
Then I went through a pink phase (I have been having a lot of pink days lately) and painted a flower with another Cracked paint -- Tattered Rose. I colored another flower with a new Distressed Ink - Victorian Velvet and probably another favorite as I've been using it a lot lately. I also colored another flower with another new Distressed Ink color - Spun Sugar. I then painted the outside of the flowers with Pearl Dabber and Tattered Rose Re-inker and finally once again sprayed the flower with Berry Twist, Tattered Rose Re-inker drops and water combination in Mini Mister.
With the 3rd 3-dimensional flower, I tried Shabby Shutters, Broken China and Tumbled Glass. I covered the Shabby Shutters flower with matching Distressed Stickles. I painted these three flowers with Pearl Dabber paint and Broken China Re-inker drop mix. I also sprayed with Green Patina Perfect Pearls, Broken China re-inker and water combination in the Mini Misters.
I wanted to try out the Vintage Photo Embossing Powder so today I played with that too. I first inked up a larger open rose with Spiced Marmalade and covered the paper with the embossing powder, tapped off excess and dried with heating tool. I then used a smaller rose stamp in Distressed Embossing Ink and once again put the Vintage Photo Embossing Powder on the paper and repeated process.
Now, as I said, I can't use this as a card b/c the flowers will be crushed so I think I'll be off to find an appropriate frame for my Masterpiece (LOL).

2 comments:

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Ohhhhhhh, This card turned out SO pretty and the flowers are awesome!!!!! I'm honored you put my blinkie on your blog.......I hope you are having a blessed day!!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Lovely little flowers...and very colorful too. I can see you are having fun using all your different media to get different looks......what fun.

There was an error in this gadget

Flickr Pix from Etsy Sellers

There was an error in this gadget