Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Little Grunge

I didn't plan it this way. I was playing with blue colors and an alcohol ink called Lake Mist and with Gold Metallic Ink and just dabbing with the Tim Holtz Ink Blender and this really cool color came on the paper.

I wanted to try out the new tissue paper tape that I purchased and see what I could do with that. So I put that down and stamped color on that as well. After I put the color down, I was trying to think which of my stamps would be a good addition. It definitely wasn't on the feminine side like most of my cards are so I didn't want a flower or a heart.

I then thought of my Circle Circus (SU) set and stamped in Brilliant Blue (SU). I remembered the bird that I had punched out a few weeks ago and knew that would be an excellent addition to this card. I quickly dabbed some more Ranger Ink Alcohol Ink Lake Mist on another sheet of paper and punched out the stem with the leaves. The frame for the Birthday Greetings was punched using Scallop oval puncher (SU) and covered in Cracked Vintage Photo paint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like it! Great job. =)

inge said...

Hello Linda,

this is really a manly card. The background is gorgeous !

greetings from belgium
Inge