Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Layer and Layer and Layer


My friend Julie, who is a consultant with Stampin' Up and has a well designed and written blog of her own, www.stampingsensations.blogspot.com, is awesome at layering.  I love it but find it a bit of a challenge.  However, I attempted it this week when designing a card for my MOPS group.  I do find it easier to layer with larger cards.  This card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 in size.  My first square is 5 x 5.  The white square in the center is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and the  smaller design square is 4 x 4.  I then used my Cuddlebug and oval shape (from Stampin' Up) for the scallop white at the lower right corner.  I used my oval scallop punch for the designer paper and finally oval punch out on white.  I used a stamp from my new set that I got from  Stampin' Up Sale-A-Bration set Sweet Summer.  I then also took designer paper and cut 3 x 2 1/2 and used a corner scallop punch from Stampin' Up.  I stamped in Old Olive the statement from a stamp from the Tulip Tag Stamp Set set that I got from Our Daily Bread Designs www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com and then centered it with the new designer punch I got from Stampin' Up. The designer paper is also from Stampin' Up.  I hope you enjoyed this card!

No comments: