Sunday, May 1, 2011

For My Husband

My husband just had another birthday recently.  I always finding making masculine cards a challenge.  Recently, however, I purchased a package of Crumb Cake paper from my Stampin' Up friend, and I thought that would be perfect.  I had left over paper from a designer pack that I bought a couple of years ago which went really well with this paper.  I distressed the light blue paper in Distressed Black Soot from Ranger Ink.  I also used Distressed Ink Spiced Marmalade around the smaller Crumb Cake rectangle and then placed an April sticker from Tim Holtz idea-ology Salvage Stickers Lost & Found set.  I sponged a little color around that circle with distress ink and also used Perfect Pearls - Heirloom to make the 29 stand out in addition to framing the date using Ruby Red Liquid Pearls.  It looks more pinkish or orange than red.  I also used a small piece of the Crumb Cake  and Distressed it with different Ranger Ink Distressed Inks (spiced marmalade,  tea dye, and chipped sapphire).  I then went over it with Perfect Pearls - Copper so it gave it a metallic effect that I was looking for.  I used my decorative puncher from Stampin' Up and I went around the edge in Gum Metal Stickles.  I finally stamped Happy Birthday from an old Stampin' Up set that I picked up through someone on Etsy.  

No comments: