Monday, March 15, 2010

New Goodies

It was the perfect combination. My girlfriend Julie's birthday and my new Stampin' Up toys came. Julie is a Stampin' Up consultant. You may visit her at http://www.stampingimpressions.blogspot.com/. Julie challenged us last week with some origami cards. Anyway, the paper was not new, but the flower punch and the bird and leaf punch were new. I also, splurged and got the new corner punch. I found two different ways to use the corner punch. The way I punched here leaving a triangular shape on each corner or you can punch so that the scallops are the only shapes on the corner. With three new punches I didn't know which way to turn so I used them ALL on this one card.

EVENTS COMING UP

Next week is my brother-in-law's birthday so I have to make a non-feminine card which is a great challenge for me. I love all the fuss and muss with ribbons, beads, scallops, eyelets, and different shades of pinks and purples. I'll let you know how I do sometime in the next few weeks. Normally, I like to show the card after the receiver has actually received the card.

However, I was also asked if I would do a card stack workshop so I have some designs down but want to make a few more for that event coming up. That should help me stay in tune with my feminine side.

I then want to conduct a spring class featuring flowers and events for this spring like Mother's Day.

And, also, I volunteered to design Mother's Day Cards for my daughter's Daisy Troop. Of course, with 6 and 7 year old girls I am assuming they will do whatever it is they want to do. Which is perfectly fine. I am sure the moms would rather see their daughters creativity rather than mine.


Hoping you have a sunshiny day!

No comments: