Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Victorian Birthday

I should apologize now to my husband's aunt. I made her card purely with my own wants and desires in mind. I put a splash of lavender on the card as I know she likes purple, but now as I write this, I think the purple shade she leans towards is amethyst which would be a darker purple than the one I chose. When I was making her card a month ago, I was purely thinking of the beautiful Tattered Rose Distress Ink from Ranger Ink that I've really taken to liking. It gives a white paper just a tinge of pink. I love the feminine aging it provides on paper.

I was in a very girly mood. I wanted pink and ribbon, lace and frills; I wanted a fussy card. The base of the card was white and stained pink with Ranger Ink Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I then added a SU stamp from the Sprinkles set in Ranger Ink Tea Dye Distress Ink. The top layer was stained with Ranger Ink Milled Lavender Distress Ink and cut with Stampin' Up Eyelet Border punch. The ribbon was very vanilla satin. I colored a stamp from SU Friends 24-7 with green and pink markers. I couldn't fit the entire image with the oval scallop punch I used, and I like the way the image pops from the oval cut out. I cut a rectangle out and then went around it with the Eyelet Border punch and took the Tea Dye stain and colored that rectangle. I cut a smaller rectangle and did the same thing with the Tainted Rose. I also added "let's celebrate" in Tea Dye. For a little decoration and to secure the rectangle tags I added two off-white brads.

I am currently selling these three inks in my Etsy shop http://www.lindascozycraftcorne.etsy.com/ with a special FREE SHIPPING offer.

4 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

It's a beautiful card, Linda! (I came from Rangerinklink) Soft and elegant.

Julie Marshall said...

Very pretty Linda! She'll love it...even if it is your wants and needs ;)

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the girly feel.

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out just lovely!