Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My First Card Class



A couple of weeks ago I designed 10 cards for four very fun ladies. Some cards were made using a lot Stampin' Up designer paper and one or two stamps. I added bits of colorful paper and accessories like ribbons and the cards were very pretty. For the first time I designed square cards too which I like very much b/c they really show off the beautiful paper.
This card was made using Ranger Ink Faded Blue Jeans Distressed Ink. I first stained the paper all over and then went over it again with Distressed Faded Blue Jean Stickles. It also will stain paper in addition to leave a matted look. In addition, I then inked up the de flouris and Happy Birthday stamps in the Faded Blue Jeans ink. I also used one of the new punchers from Stampin' Up to make the fancy corners and use a heart shape punch to complete the card. I really like this color blue and have been enjoying using it.




I was first introduced to Ranger Ink a couple of years ago with their Stickles product. I decided to use the Sassy Suzie stamp set which is always great for light humor and showing off her jewelry and Stickles. Lots of bling bling going on with this lady.



I then went in a little different direction and had the ladies try Distressed Inks. The Card stock paper was purple in color. I used a purple color ink and sponged the paper to give it more of a vintage look. I then inked up a stamp with the Distressed Color. We then used Walnut Stain around the edges. I stained white ribbon with the purple ink.
A new method of staining that I started was to take a Distressed Resist Ink Pad and ink up a stamp with it and stamp on paper and then take a sponge and sponge over the image with a combination of Mustard Seed and Tainted Rose Distress Inks. I added a little Cotton Candy Stickles to the cake for an extra little sparkle.

1 comment:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Nice cards Linda........I like the distressed look. Saw a neat tutural using the cuttlebug and distressed dabber ink. Then sanded off the ink then dabbed with a darker ink then wiped it off.......was a real nice effect.