Monday, August 9, 2010

Pearls, Fairies and Pearls a Challenge Answer

Well, it sure took me long enough. I have been contemplating this card for an entire week and I am late. The new week's challenge is already up for http://createdbyhandchallenge.wordpress.com/. Well, since I finished this card, I guess I will go ahead and post it for you to see. The challenge was Fairy Romp, Beads, Pearls. I started with the middle piece where I punched the corners, stamped the swirl in Vintage Photo and painted with a mixture of Gold and Raspberry Liquid Pearls. I love the iridescent look that one captures using Liquid Pearls, and I just cannot wait to get my hands on all the new juicy colors that Ranger Ink is introducing this September. I then went over with the Tim Holtz Reinkers (filled with various alcohol inks). Today's colors are Watermelon and Clover. I used a little Fruit Punch Stickles in the middle of the flowers.



For the small square I punched the scallops and once again stamped the swirl in Vintage Photo. For this, however, I stamped off once on my scrap paper and then stamped again on this square. In this way I received a lighter image of the swirl. I then stamped over the swirl in Black Soot the saying "In the middle of Life, Love gives you a Fairy Tale." This is a beautiful card to send to an engage couple, to use as a wedding or even as an Anniversary Card. I went over this square with Tattered Rose, and Gold Metallic Ink and then painted over with Raspberry Liquid Pearl. I then swiped it over again using Icicle Stickles.


I used my Blending Tool stamped in Spun Sugar and Tea Dye Distressed inks on the card base front.


Thank you for looking. I will have to do better to catch this week's challenge. "Welcom/Yellow". http://createdbyhandchallenge.wordpress.com/




3 comments:

Von said...

An interesting result Linda I'd never of thought of stamping under the liquid pearls
Von

Robyn said...

thanks for sharing even if you missed the challenge. the important think is to create.

MYSAVIOR said...

Just beautiful, Linda!

♥♥♥
Sue