Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome/Yellow





Ah, yellow. It is such a beautiful, cheery color. I have always loved the sun. Remember the days of baby oil instead of tanning lotion. Yes, not a good idea especially when you have skin that burns as easily as mine.



However, I have seen cards this past year that look so very warm and inviting. The colors were a mixture of yellow, orange and red. So I was glad for this challenge http://createdbyhandchallenge.wordpress.com/ because it inspired me to play with my yellow inks. So lets see. The main part of the card I used Tim Holtz Textured Fades Embossing Folder Regal Flourishes and then sponged over in Mustard Seed Distressed Ink. On the corners I used Mustard Seed Distressed Stickles. I stamped my image in Mustard Seed and sponged in Barely Banana (Stampin' Up). I also sponged the edges in Spiced Marmalade Distressed Ink. I brushed over in Sun Sparkle Perfect Pearls. I colored in the bird with Sunset Yellow Alcohol ink using my Tim Holtz Fillable Pen. I then added with Yellow Stickles the bird's eye. I also used Scattered Straw Distressed Ink and went over in Mustard Seed Distressed Stickles for the middle strip of paper. Finally, I punched out the tag and sponged over in Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, and Spiced Marmalade and stamped "Happy Birthday" in Mustard Seed. I then went over the edges in Lemon Ice Ice Stickles.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I like the background and use of sharing. It's never too late to create. Thanks for sharing iwth Created byhand

There was an error in this gadget

Flickr Pix from Etsy Sellers

There was an error in this gadget