Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back to School



Yesterday was the first day of school.  My youngest started Kindergarten.  She is very excited about going to school with her brother and sister.  I had mixed emotions about dropping my youngest off.  We decided to try to curl her hair and that took a little longer than I originally thought so I guess it was a good thing.  I had just enough time to drop her off in her class room and take one picture before it was time for the parents to go and school to begin.  I am very excited about having my youngest going to school.  It was strange going back home without bringing a preschooler back with me.  My girlfriend and I decided to celebrate the first day by going to lunch and taking in a movie.  


Alicia is already for school to begin and excited to start a new year.  She likes her teacher a lot and told me that she likes to tell a lot of jokes.  Her older brother was a little jealous that she didn't have any homework.  He being the oldest already got a list of spelling words, some math work and a reading assignment.  Because I wanted the house quiet so he could read, I asked Alicia to read too while he was doing his homework. 
I try to tell Daniel that he is so handsome when he smiles, but he thinks I am just being ridiculous mom and prefers to just look at the camera.  He actually had a good day and I am so grateful as this is  his last year at elementary school, and I am hoping he will make the most of it.

Preview to tomorrow's post.

No comments: