Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Glazed Tag

As I mentioned yesterday, my son is at a technical camp this week.  Yesterday he took apart a microwave and learned how to make a video game.  While he was busy doing that, I took the girls swimming.  When we came back the three of us all took some time to play with our own toys.  Mine was my stamps, markers, and paint. 

I decided to work with a stamp that I have not used yet and decided to use my stamp from Our Daily Bread.  It is a very pretty tag with my favorite flower designed on the stamp.  I first used Stormy Sky Distressed Ink to stain the paper.  I used various markers from Stampin' Up.  I also colored in the leaves with Crushed Olive Distressed Ink.  After I finished coloring the image, I took a drop of blue acrylic paint and glaze medium and took a paint brush and went over the image to give it a glossy look.  When it was dry, I took one of my new stickle bottles, Glam Pink and added that to the flower.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments: