Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DABBING AWAY

Once again I put my Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers to work. I dabbed away with Celery, Sunshine Yellow and Pearl and put a simply stated Happy Birthday on the front.




I used Sail Boat Blue and Pearl for the background.  I also took a paint brush and went over the bird with the same colors.  For the branch I used one of my Stampin' Up markers.
 Once I got started dabbing away, I got carried away.  I wanted to try different colors and mixtures and styles.  I first stamped away with the presents stamp from one of my Stampin' Up sets.  I then went over the stamp images with the dabbers.  I decided to highlight the one image in Turquoises Stickles.
This one I used Celery and Red Pepper on the background and then dabbed the Red Pepper over my "Celebrate You" stamp also from Stampin' Up.  I put a dot of Black Diamond Stickles in the center of each of the Celebrate You image.
 Once again I took a paint brush and went over the bird with Pool and Pearl.  I outlined the bird in in Patina.  I filled in the white area with Crystal Ice Ice Stickles.
 This one I used Sail Boat Blue, Sunshine Yellow and Pearl.  I dabbed with different colors each of the birthday hats and went over the hats with Stickles as well as going over parts of the card again to give it more sparkle.
I briefly went over the card with my Pool and Pearl Dabbers.  I got the bird to peak out a little and went over the head of the bird with Stickles just to sparkle him up.

No comments: