Monday, May 10, 2010

Faux Foil


On Saturday, I was playing around with some of my Ancient Gold Embossing Powders. I was really enjoying seeing the different effects the different embossing powders had on the paper. At some point I wanted to try Perfect Pearls in addition to the embossing powder. Above is Ancient Gold Antique Embossing Powder. I put water, a few drops of Old Paper Reinker and Gold Heirloom Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister and shook the mister so everything would mix together. I then spritzed the paper with the Mini Mister mixture. The result was a foiled looking front.

Today I tried it again using different colors. I used Ancient - Roman Gold Embossing Powder. First I used an anti-static embossing cloth and then I stamped the image with Perfect Medium ink and tapped the embossing powder on top. Then I used a heating tool to melt the gold powder.

I decided to try making a foil looking card again. However, this time I wanted to try a different color so I mixed together water, Tatter Rose Reinker, and Inference Red Perfect Pearls in a Mini Misters. I then spritzed the paper with the mixture and the finished look is pink foil.




Here is the finished look. The tag "Best Wishes" was embossed with Ancient - Princess Gold Embossing Powder. I also stained it using Crushed Olive. I hope you check back again as more ideas are coming this way this week.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Linda I really like this look. Think it's time for me to play with something other than all my distress inks.

Joan

There was an error in this gadget

Flickr Pix from Etsy Sellers

There was an error in this gadget