Monday, May 10, 2010

Faux Foil


On Saturday, I was playing around with some of my Ancient Gold Embossing Powders. I was really enjoying seeing the different effects the different embossing powders had on the paper. At some point I wanted to try Perfect Pearls in addition to the embossing powder. Above is Ancient Gold Antique Embossing Powder. I put water, a few drops of Old Paper Reinker and Gold Heirloom Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister and shook the mister so everything would mix together. I then spritzed the paper with the Mini Mister mixture. The result was a foiled looking front.

Today I tried it again using different colors. I used Ancient - Roman Gold Embossing Powder. First I used an anti-static embossing cloth and then I stamped the image with Perfect Medium ink and tapped the embossing powder on top. Then I used a heating tool to melt the gold powder.

I decided to try making a foil looking card again. However, this time I wanted to try a different color so I mixed together water, Tatter Rose Reinker, and Inference Red Perfect Pearls in a Mini Misters. I then spritzed the paper with the mixture and the finished look is pink foil.




Here is the finished look. The tag "Best Wishes" was embossed with Ancient - Princess Gold Embossing Powder. I also stained it using Crushed Olive. I hope you check back again as more ideas are coming this way this week.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Linda I really like this look. Think it's time for me to play with something other than all my distress inks.

Joan