Friday, May 21, 2010

Worn Lipstick

I am trying to contact Jane who is the winner of my products. Jane, please email me so I can ship your goodies.





I got the floral stamp a few months ago, and it is one of my favorites b/c I love flowers. I stamped in Peeled Paint and then colored in the flowers using alcohol inks and Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Fillable Pen.

First I brushed on the Worn Lipstick Ranger Ink (ink available http://www.lindascozycraftcorne.etsy.com/) and then I used a Mini Mister mixed with Re-ink Tattered Rose ink, Perfect Pearls, and water. I then stamped the flower image and filled in with color using alcohol inks (also available at my Etsy store). I then stamped Best Wishes on top of the flower stems and then I brushed on Perfect Pearl powder and then I brushed off the excess and that is how I got my shimmer embossed effect. To finish off the card I brushed the edges with Warn Lipstick, Black Soot (which I decided I didn't like on this particular card so I went over again with Walnut Stain and then again with Worn Lipstick). I wanted to add a little embellishments today so I pulled out my Satin ribbon from Stampin' Up and then a flower from the Pretties Kit (Stampin' Up), dyed the flower in Worn Lipstick and then for the center used a crystal brad. It is so pretty that if I have time I am going to make a few more cards today using this technique.


Tuesday was our 14th Wedding Anniversary. I am very blessed to have such a good husband. He took the day off and we saw Date Night which we both really enjoyed. I think it had items for both of us, romance, action, and humor. Anyway, this was my card for my husband this year. I used an ol' favorite Sassy Suzie. I actually used my Stampin' Up colored pencils and blender pens. I then highlighted her by sponging over in Tattered Rose. Now I have come to use and like a new tool. It is called Perfect Medium Pen. It is terrific b/c it gives me the liberty to write my own words. I wrote my message and then tapped Ancient Princess Gold and then used a heating tool to melt the gold.


Thank you for looking. Now off to run some errands.

No comments: